Current Library Job Opportunities in Southeastern Wisconsin
Find current library job opportunities at Bridges Library System, its member libraries, and libraries in the southeastern Wisconsin area.
Want to serve as a substitute? Current library staffs can sign up to substitute at other libraries in the library system.
Powers Memorial Library (Palmyra) – Assistant Librarian (Part-time)
Under the supervision of the Library Director, the Assistant Librarian performs a variety of task to support the activities and operations of the library. The Assistant Librarian is responsible of monitoring and supporting the library in the absence of the Director. The Assistant Librarian shall perform accurate and friendly service at all times to patrons, as well as assisting in the opening and closing duties of the library. The Librarian Assistant may also be required to assist in the development, implementation and in conducting library programs and community outreach.
For more information please visit: https://www.palmyra.lib.wi.us/employment/
Delafield Public Library — Adult Programming and Outreach Librarian
The Delafield Library is seeking an individual for the position of Adult Programming and Outreach Librarian. This part-time position (between 20-30 hours/week) will work closely with the Adult Programming and Outreach Coordinator as well as the Circulation Supervisor, and will report directly to the Library Director.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
•Performs circulation desk procedures; checking in and checking out materials, registering patrons, preparing Library cards, maintaining patron records, collecting fines, registering patrons for programs using online software and reserving study rooms using online calendar
•Assists patrons with holds, renewals, account questions, locating materials, basic computer assistance and reference questions.
•Provides in-depth, one-on-one computer instruction for patrons with various technological abilities
•Provides reader’s advisory services to patrons
•Adheres to and communicates Library policies and procedures
• Have good working knowledge of OverDrive/Libby and similar services to assist patrons with digital content on a variety of computers and mobile devices.
Outreach and Programming Duties:
- Serves as secondary adult services outreach coordinator by participating in community events, speaking at community/chamber meetings and other opportunities that occur
- Establishes relationships with community entities to further goodwill toward the Library in the Delafield community and surrounding areas
- Is proactive in generating ideas and making new contacts to further promote the Library and its services
- Presents a positive Library image to the community
- Attends meetings and classes to enhance knowledge of Library services as needed
- Performs other work as assigned by the Library Director
- Selects material for and leads monthly adult book club
Education and Experience:
• Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited college or university OR currently enrolled in an ALA-accredited MLIS program.
•2 years+ of customer service experience required
If interested, please send resume and list of three professional references to Library Director Stephanie Ramirez, email@example.com. This will be a benefit eligible position as well as having 9 paid city holidays. First review of applications will begin on December 9, 2019. If you have any questions, please contact the Delafield Library at (262) 646-6230 or visit our website, www.delafieldlibrary.org.
Butler Public Library — Library Assistant (Part-Time)
The Butler Public Library is currently accepting applications seeking the right individual to serve our community as a part-time Library Assistant. The position requires an organized individual who is able to work independently and prioritize tasks. The ideal candidate will provide excellent customer service; show a strong attention to detail; enjoy and embrace change; be comfortable with independent decision making; have the ability to work solo or as part of a team; and possess a strong work ethic.
This position will require a candidate to perform a variety of specialized technical duties included with circulation/reference desk, and processing new materials. The candidate must be knowledgeable and comfortable with technology. Proficiency with social media and websites a plus. Preference will be given to those with Library experience and/or education.
This position performs a wide variety of general library work assisting patrons with daily library operations such as helping find materials, using the CAFÉ catalog, using the computer, answering questions and making copies. It also involves checking items in and out using the Polaris system, processing, and shelving circulated items. The work is performed under the
supervision of the Library Director.
The position will be open until filled. An application and full job description can be found here: https://www.butlerwi.gov/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Application-for-Employment.pdf.
Bridges Library System — Director
Bridges Library System seeks its next talented and visionary library system director to lead an award-winning regional library system in Wisconsin.
One of 16 state-funded regional library systems, Bridges Library System has 24 unique and autonomous libraries in Waukesha and Jefferson Counties, collectively serving nearly 500,000 residents.
The Library System provides services to libraries such as management of a shared integrated library system (CAFÉ), delivery services, professional development for library staffs, technology support, marketing and public relations, and consulting on issues such as youth and inclusive services, library administration, and more! Bridges Library System’s mission is to strengthen its member public libraries by fostering collaboration and innovation. It prides itself on operating in an efficient and outcome-based manner and has been recognized for its efforts by the Public Policy Forum.
Under the direction of an 11-member Board of Trustees, the Library System Director manages and administers the overall service program of the Library System. This position acts as the organization’s chief executive officer and technical advisor to the Board, develops and manages an annual budget of over $6 million, hires/supervises a dedicated and talented staff of 7.70 FTE, and develops and evaluates services that benefit member libraries. The Director communicates regularly with its fiscal agent, Waukesha County, and works in a leadership capacity related to library services in both counties.
The ideal candidate is a:
- skilled leader who demonstrates outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, proven analytical program management experience, and a commitment to professional development for staff;
- strategic thinker skilled in planning and tactical implementation who makes and recommends sound decisions;
- communicator who provides timely, accurate, and relevant information on critical issues to library boards, staff, stakeholders, and the public and is able to develop and communicate a shared vision of library services;
- relationship builder who acts with a high level of integrity and honesty to develop relationships based on trust and mutual respect, and is able to work effectively with library board members, staff, library directors, county officials, elected officials, vendors, staff at the Department of Public Instruction, and other key stakeholders to achieve the library’s mission.
Deadline for application is December 13, 2019 at 4:30 PM Central Time.