Current Library Job Opportunities in Southeastern Wisconsin
Find current library job opportunities at Bridges Library System, its member libraries, and libraries in the southeastern Wisconsin area.
Want to serve as a substitute? Current library staffs can sign up
to substitute at other libraries in the library system.
Powers Memorial Library (Palmyra) — Library Director
The Powers Memorial Library is seeking an enthusiastic, working director, full-time desired; part time considered, holding or able to attain a minimum of Grade III certification. Candidates must be skilled at promoting the library and community outreach. Apply on or before August 21st, 2019. Further information is available at villageofpalmyra.com
Interested parties send cover letter and resume to:
Powers Memorial Library Board
C/O Village of Palmyra
PO Box 380
Palmyra, WI 53156
New Berlin Public Library — Youth Services Librarian
The New Berlin Public Library is seeking a part-time Youth Services Librarian to perform complex and technical professional library work primarily in the Youth Services Department.
Examples of Essential Duties
- Catalogs and classifies library materials, including original OCLC cataloging.
- Performs readers advisory and other patron assistance services.
- Answers reference questions and gives bibliographic instruction.
- Performs in-depth reference research.
- Recommends materials for purchase in assigned areas.
- Prepares booklists, bibliographies, pathfinders, and displays.
- Weeds collection and supervises inventory in assigned areas.
- Supervises and trains persons in clerical positions.
- Plans, coordinates and presents programs for library users of all ages.
- Promotes and publicizes the services, programs and resources of the Youth Services and Young Adult departments.
- Has a good working knowledge of Overdrive and similar services to assist patrons with digital content on a variety of computers and mobile devices.
- Serves as liaison to schools and community agencies serving children, young adults and caregivers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience in professional library work plus a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and a Master of Library and Information Science from an American Library Association accredited library school, along with the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Has knowledge of Children’s and Young Adult Literature.
- Has knowledge of current trends in Library Services to children and young adults.
- Has ability to develop and implement services to children, young adults and caregivers.
- Library course work in selection, organization of materials, and reference and information services.
- Understanding of basic library principles, procedures, technology, goals and philosophy of service.
- Ability to use knowledge and training to serve the needs of the library productively.
- Ability to meet, communicate, and deal with people effectively.
- Ability to comprehend and follow instructions, verbally and in written form.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Must have broad experience of knowledge of social media and content creation.
- Good oral, written and computer skills; must be able to assist patrons with computer-related questions.
- Considerable knowledge of library operations, services and materials.
- Ability to understand library policies and procedures and apply them to library operations.
- Must have familiarity of Microsoft Office products, particularly Word and Excel.
- Willingness to maintain skills in above mentioned areas through active participation in appropriate library skills learning experiences.
- Some nights and weekend shifts required.
Apply by Tuesday, August 27, 2019 at 12:30 p.m.
For more information and to apply, visit the job posting at the City of New Berlin website.
Town Hall Library — Circulation Desk Assistant
Merton Town Hall Library is seeking a Circulation Desk Assistant. A
Circulation Desk Assistant helps library users with circulation functions
such as checking materials in and out, issuing cards, providing search
assistance, collecting fees and providing basic directions and information
about our library. This is a great job for an energetic, customer service oriented person who prefers part-time employment and who seeks an opportunity to work hard and contribute to our library team.
High School Diploma or equivalent, ability to speak, write and
read English, and ability to perform moderately heavy physical work.
Permanent part-time, Wednesday 4-8 pm, one Saturday and
Sunday per month. The hourly rate for this position is $11.00.
How to Apply:
Applications are available at the library’s Circulation Desk. Submit your completed application to Beth Stapleton, Circulation Supervisor. Applications received by 5 PM on Friday, August 30, 2019
will be given first consideration.
Watertown Public Library — Library Assistant- Children’s Room
The Watertown Public Library is seeking a friendly and energetic person with outstanding customer service skills, to join our busy Children’s department. A regular work schedule includes morning, afternoons, one evening a week, and one weekend per month, including Sunday. Starting wage is $12.35 per hour. Benefits are not included with this position.
Application and full job description can be picked up at the first floor Circulation desk at the Watertown Public Library or online at www.watertownpubliclibrary.org
. Submit your application to Peg Checkai or by email to: email@example.com.
Application deadline: September 3, 2019 at 11:59 P.M.
or until position is filled.