Current Library Job Opportunities in Southeastern Wisconsin
Current Library Job Opportunities in Southeastern Wisconsin
Find current library job opportunities at Bridges Library System, its member libraries, and libraries in the southeastern Wisconsin area.
Want to serve as a substitute? Current library staffs can sign up to substitute at other libraries in the library system.
Library Page — Elm Grove Public Library
The Elm Grove Public Library is seeking a part-time, year-round Library Page. The position averages 7 – 10 hours per week, and may include both day and evening hours. The position is also included in the Saturday rotation.
Duties include customer service, check-in and check-out of materials, registering patrons, handling fines and fees, answering the phone, processing new items, shelving books and other duties as assigned.
- Sixteen years of age or older
- General knowledge and use of public library
- Ability to interact courteously with the public
- Computer and keyboard experience
Cash register experience a plus.
Starting pay is $8.00 per hour
Pick up an application at the Elm Grove Public Library or find it here: https://elmgrovewi.org/637/Employment-Opportunities
Return the completed form, including three references, to:
Sarah Muench, Director
Elm Grove Public Library
13600 Juneau Boulevard
Elm Grove, WI 53122
You may also email the application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cataloging and Reference Assistant — Menomonee Falls Public Library
Menomonee Falls Public Library is looking for a Part Time Cataloging and Reference Assistant to join our exceptional team!
- Assisting the Lead Technical Services Librarian in performing cataloging of Library materials
- Providing reference services at both the adult/teen and children’s desks
- Assisting with social media, publicity, and promotion of the Library and its services
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Prior experience with cataloging is strongly preferred but not required. Three to twelve months customer service or office experience required. Must be proficient with technology and computers.
Applicants must be able to work days, at least two evenings a week, and some Saturdays as scheduled. 20 hours per week.
Hourly wage begins at $17.00 per hour.
View a detailed job description here.
Download the official application.
Applications accepted until the job is filled. Candidates submitting their application and cover letter by 8:00 AM on Monday, October 4, will be given first consideration. Please email application and cover letter to Director Jacqueline Rammer at email@example.com.
Library Customer Service Specialist — Irvin L. Young Memorial Library
This part-time position is responsible for performing a variety of library-specific clerical tasks to facilitate the use of the library and services by patrons from the library’s service populations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as
management may deem necessary.
- Perform circulation procedures, to include checking materials in and out; registering new patrons; keeping daily service record;
shelving returned materials; assisting patrons in selecting materials; accepting interlibrary loan requests; collecting fines and replacement charges; notifying patrons when interlibrary and reserve requests are available; answering the telephone; other related duties.
- Sort incoming mail and periodicals.
- Assist patrons in use of electronic databases and public use computers.
- Process requests for materials from consortium libraries, to include pulling materials from collection; processing requests through the database; other related duties.
- Quality-check audiovisual materials.
- Photocopy material as requested.
- Mend and repair library materials.
- Inventory collection and read shelves.
- Cover new books and prepare for circulation.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond to alert from security system, as needed, if domicile is within ten miles of library building.
- In the absence of library administrative staff, may be assigned responsibility for the facility and its operations in the event of an
emergency, such as fire or tornado or a network outage.
- May assist with children’s activities and programs on a limited basis.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Actively support the Library’s mission;
- Maintain patron confidentiality and library rights;
- Adhere to the City of Whitewater Employee Manual;
- Adhere to the American Library Association’s Library Bill of Rights, Code of Ethics, Freedom to Read Statement and Freedom to View Statement;
- Convey a courteous and professional attitude;
- Maintain contemporary knowledge of library practices;
- Foster and maintain positive public relations for the Library within the community.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Basic computer skills required. Successful completion of computer competency test will determine if this requirement is met.
- One (1) year of library, clerical or customer relations experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in English.
- Ability to train others.
- Ability to advise and interpret how to apply policies, procedures, and standards to specific situations.
- Ability to perform cashier duties accurately.
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle stressful situations, to organize work and set priorities, managing time and resources to meet deadlines and changing demands within the entire operation of administrative services, perform duties with a minimum of supervision.
- Proficiency in typing, electronic data processing and a working knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Ability to effectively meet and deal with the public.
- Ability to work effectively in cooperation with fellow employees as a member of the staff team.
- Ability to work in and maintain an environment that deals with sensitive and confidential information.
- Broad-based familiarity with authors/subjects desirable.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND/OR EXERCISED
- Work under general supervision of Assistant Library Director, or, (in absence of Assistant Library Director) Library Director, or, (in
absence of both Assistant Library Director and Library Director) Youth Educational Services Librarian, however, perform recurring
job duties independently.
- Some opportunity exists to vary work steps and in deciding appropriate procedures, guidelines and methods.
- Supervised less closely during execution, but end results are still reviewed.
- Incumbents prioritize their own work to some degree, manage their time effectively and respond to some questions independently.
- No formal supervisory responsibilities.
The City of Whitewater is an Equal Employment Opportunity. In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, the City
will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Formal application, rating of education and experience; oral interview and reference check; job related tests may be required. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. Nothing in this job description reflects management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at anytime. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
312 W. Whitewater St.
P.O. Box 178
Whitewater, WI 53190