Bridges Library System offers a variety of support for youth services including leadership from a Bridges librarian dedicated to youth services and special needs. Bridges Library System sponsors a summer library program workshop for youth services staff, summer library program incentives, three professional performances for each library during the summer library program, and more.
This year’s Collaborative Summer Library Program theme is centered around Wellness, Fitness and Sports. Many of our member libraries use this theme which makes for a very exciting summer!
Bridges Library System is arranging for three professional performers to offer a program at each member library in the summer of 2017.
Libraries offer summer library program incentives to help motivate kids and teens to read more over the summer. Bridges Library System coordinates, prints and distributes many of the incentives used by the public libraries in the library system. A big thanks goes out to our the area sponsors for the 2016 summer library program! We are grateful for their generosity.
- Betty Brinn
- Big Backyard
- Botanical Gardens
- Cost Cutters (locally owned salons only)
- Country Springs Hotel & Waterpark
- Cousins Subs
- Discovery World
- First Stage
- J.K. Lee Tae Kwon Do
- Kids in Motion
- Milwaukee Art Museum
- Milwaukee Ballet
- Milwaukee Brewers
- Milwaukee Co. Parks – Indoor and Outdoor Pools
- Milwaukee Public Museum & Daniel M. Soref Planetarium
- Milwaukee’s Festival City
- Milwaukee Wave
- Milwaukee Zoo
- Old World Wisconsin
- Pettit National Ice Center
- P.F. Chang’s China Bistro
- Pizza Hut
- Schlitz Audubon
- Sky Zone Indoor Trampoline Park Milwaukee/Waukesha
- Swimtastic, Waukesha
- Texas Roadhouse, Waukesha
- Charles Z. Horwitz Planetarium
- Waukesha County Park System (Parks and Ice Arena)
- Young Auditorium UW-Whitewater
- Waukesha County Fair
- Wisconsin State Fair
Sponsor list updated 6/6/16.
Please note that many libraries now offer summer library programs for teens and adults. Be sure to check in with your local library about their summer library program offerings.